We’re hitting the ground running in 2019 with another major update to Edge. We’ve added support for EOS, another top ten cryptocurrency measured by current market capitalization. Users can now create and activate an EOS wallet as well as an EOS account name all within Edge. Users will also be able to pay for their EOS account name using either Bitcoin or Litecoin.
With Edge everyday is #ProofOfKeys. Any EOS you were keeping on an exchange can now be held in your very own non custodial Edge Wallet account, alongside over a dozen top crypto-assets. Thanks to our partners Changelly and ChangeNOW, you can also swap to and from EOS and dozens of other cryptos all within Edge.
In addition, users can now purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using a US bank account in 43 states with our new integration of Wyre. The awesome team at Wyre has provided a great interface to the US banking system allowing easy KYC and bank linking for Bitcoin and Ethereum purchases for a low 1% fee.
And since our early days as Airbitz, we’ve believed crypto should be hodl’ed AND used. Focusing solely on either one of these necessities and ignoring the other weakens the full potential of cryptocurrencies. We’re proud to integrate Bitrefill, allowing Edge users to buy dozens of different gift cards and mobile phone top ups all within Edge using Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, or Litecoin. Users of Dash even get a 10% discount!
Here are some other notable improvements to Edge v1.6.0
- Deep linking for currency URLs allow you to tap browser and email payment buttons to launch into Edge for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Dash
- Support deep linking of Edge Login URLs so you can tap to login to dapps like Augur from within a mobile browser
- Add data and time to CSV/QBO export file names
- Add icons for transactions to instant exchange providers
- Add Chinese, Korean, French, and Vietnamese translations
- Add support for IMP and IRR fiat currencies