Below are a list of steps for extracting your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) funds from Airbitz wallets. These have been tested and worked for our staff. Please make sure to follow the directions step by step. We know this can be a long process but we’ve worked hard to make it as easy and safe as possible to pull out the Bitcoin Cash in your Airbitz Wallet and transfer it to a BCH compatible wallet. Please follow the directions and contact us if you have any questions that are not answered by this post. We will work to resolve any confusion or misunderstanding.
Please remember you are working with electronic cash, which once sent, cannot be retrieved even if you did not intend to send money to a certain address. This is a feature and not a bug of cryptocurrencies but it requires users to be diligent with their money. It’s your money and no one else’s. We’re just here to help guide you. You must do the rest, responsibly.
Resources for BCH: https://www.bitcoincash.org/
*Keep in Mind*
- NEVER send anyone, including Airbitz, your Private Key or Seed
- We don’t provide in depth 1 on 1 tutorial/support. Each user must seek a computer literate friend or family to assist them if they are having trouble.
Step I: Security Precaution
Please create a new wallet inside your Airbitz account and sweep your Bitcoin first into the newly created wallet. This is a security precaution since we want to safely send the Bitcoin out before your private seed is exposed.
- Log into Airbitz
- Go to “Wallets”
- Create a new wallet (Tap the [+] icon in the Wallets Screen to create a new wallet)
4. Name your new wallet and hit [DONE]
4. Next tap on the wallet you want to extract BCH from
5. Then tap [Send]
6. Tap [Transfer]
7. You will see a list of wallets. Tap on the wallet you just created
8. Tap on the [Max] button in the top right.
9. Swipe to send your funds to the new wallet.
10. Repeat steps 4–9 for every wallet you want to sweep BCH from
Step II: Extract Your Airbitz Wallet Private Seed
- iOS: Tap [Wallets] from the side menu.
Android: Go to [Transactions] from the side menu.
- Tap the top dropdown and choose a wallet* to extract BCH from
*this is a wallet you moved BTC out of; now that wallet only has BCH left; this is what we are extracting
- iOS: Tap Export icon [box with up arrow] from the top right menu
Android: Tap on 3 dots on the upper right. Then tap Export
3. Next Tap [Master Private Seed] or [Wallet Private Seed]
5. Enter your password then tap [View]. Your master private key will show on screen.
7. Enter the master private key/seed from step 5 above
8. Go to the Transactions screen inside Airbitz
9. Tap on the most recent transaction which swept your funds into a new wallet
10. Tap [Advanced] on the bottom of the Transaction Details
11. Note the various Bitcoin addresses under “Source”. Look for those same addresses in the Recovery tool on your browser. Use the search bar at the top if needed by entering the first few digits of the public address in the search bar.
12. Tap on the [Show] button to the right of each source address in the Recovery tool.
13. If not all address show in the Recovery page, tap the top right 3 buttons and enter “200” as the number of indices to search. Increase this number until all addresses from the Advanced details screen show
Step III: Obtain a Bitcoin Cash Compatible Wallet
Download Electron Cash(this is the wallet we internally tested, others may work but we cannot vouch for them)
- Open Electron Cash on your Desktop
- Create a New Wallet by pressing next on the install wizard; you can name it whatever you want.
3. “Create Wallet” options: Choose Standard and press Next
4. Keystore Dialogue Box should pop up and choose “Create a new seed”
5. Your BIP 39 Seed should be generated. Write it down and store somewhere safe. DO NOT LOSE THIS SEED!
6. Confirm Seed: Re-type it and press next; make sure to spell everything correctly
7. Create a strong password to encrypt your wallet
After clicking “Next” you will have created an encrypted BCH compatible wallet. Time to fill it up with BCH!
Step IV: Sweep Private Key(s) into Electron Wallet
- Open Electron Wallet
- Go to [Tools] — ->[Network](overview) — -> disable auto-select in [overview]
*Update : Some users are reporting that they are connecting by default and did not have to type in the specific server we list below; the important thing is that you are connected and connected to the right chain; there are other servers that work, we were just most sure about the below server from looking at Electron-Cash’s public documentation and our own testing
3. Click on [Server] (to the right of [Overview]— ->type in “electrum-abc.criptolayer.net”(you’ll connect to that server) and type in Port 50012
4. Go to [Wallet] — ->[Private Keys] — ->[Sweep]
5. Copy and Paste the private key(s) that you showed from Step II.12 above. Paste them all one at a time into the “Enter private keys” field.
*If you have multiple private keys, paste them one at a time. Copy and paste one then press enter and paste another private key.
6. Click [Sweep]
7. Click [Broadcast] in the “Transaction” dialogue box
8. Give the Bitcoin Cash blockchain some time to confirm this “broadcasted” transaction; check the transaction ID or address to check that it has been confirmed by the network; patience will be needed as the network is immature at the moment.
9. Once it has confirmed you now have BCH in your Electron Wallet!
You’re all done. Happy Hodling!
*We will answer specific questions if you are having troubles, email our Support at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.