Hey there, we’re Edge.
Our Mission: Edge empowers users worldwide to interact with the crypto economy by making self-custody intuitive and accessible.
Our Vision: Digital sovereignty for all.
We believe empowering individuals with the necessary tools to control their own private keys and transaction information will lead to better financial security everywhere, for everyone.
Our team is made up of developers, designers, and visionaries on a mission to provide the world’s most innovative applications for securing digital assets. We believe empowering individuals with the necessary tools to control their own private keys and transaction information will lead to better financial security everywhere, for everyone.
Meet the Founders
Paul PueyChief Executive Officer
Short Bio Long Bio
Paul is a proud Electrical Engineering and Computer Science graduate of UC Berkeley with a wide range of technical skills from low-level 3D graphics engineering to development of custom web CMS systems, even before people knew what a CMS was. He held lead engineering positions with Nvidia and Chromatic Research.
But most recently owned and operated several non-technical small businesses throughout California. There he learned the importance of the intersection of people, business, and technology.
Today, Paul aims to bring Bitcoin mainstream with software and products aimed at simplifying Bitcoin and making it insanely easy to send and secure this revolutionary currency while maintaining the highest level of privacy. When not converting people to bitcoin you'll likely find him climbing a rock in Joshua Tree or at a local climbing gym.
William SwansonChief Architect
Short Bio Long Bio
William Swanson has been writing software since he was 11 years old. Although he has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, he is just as comfortable working with software as he is with electronics. He has built systems at every level of the technology stack, from custom circuit boards with embedded firmware up through web sites and 3D graphics applications.
Through his work with Edge, William has become an official contributor to the libbitcoin project, where he has written and contributed several new functional modules.
In April 2014 William teamed up with Amir Taaki, Pablo Martin of the Libbitcoin and DarkWallet project along with Damian Cutillo of Airbitz in Toronto for the 2014 Bitcoin Expo Hackathon. The team won first place with the DarkMarket project, a proof of concept for one of the world's first fully decentralized, anonymous, peer to peer marketplaces. The hackathon prize money was donated to the Libbitcoin project's future development.
Guided by Principles, Led by Values
Cutting edge technology and offerings that make securing digital assets significantly easier for users.
• The Edge team invented the use of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for bitcoin transactions.
• The Edge team developed the first password recovery for encrypted data.
• Pioneered an easy set up of 2 Factor Authentication that only requires the tap of a single button.
Freeing people from the need to rely either solely on themselves or a 3rd party–independence, but with support when you need it.
• Edge automatically encrypts and backs up user data without needing any private information or having access or control over any of the user’s money.
• Edge connects users to top-tire blockchain networks and services.
• We support you when you need help with the best customer support in the industry.
Open source, open door, open mind. Collaboration helps build better products and a better ecosystem.
• Our code is open source, viewable and auditable by anyone.
• We host an active Cryptocurrency Meetup at our headquarters in Little Italy, San Diego. View our upcoming events here.
• We have an open Discord channel that we regularly post updates in and discuss the latest developments in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and data security.
Be a part of something extraordinary
Interested in a career in cryptocurrency?
We’re committed to onboarding passionate employees who are thirsty to make a big impact.
Click below to see open roles today.
Crypto Questions, Answered